PEEL STRENGTH METHOD :
30 gsm coating (dry) on polyester, 30 micron thickness, dried at 110ºC for 4 - 5 minutes. Cool to room temp then press coated film on to the glass plate/ steel plates supplied by the equipment supplier. The film is pressed by supplied roller. Then after 2 hrs the glass plate/steel plate is attached to the equipment. 180º peel off is noted on the dial, so also the maximum value reached.
Normal values are 2400 to 2700 grams/inch.
Maximum values goes upto 2700 to 3000 grams/inch.
Shreecral SS-507 is compatible with solvents like Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Xylene to some extent with ketones like acetone, MEK, MIBK
SS-505 can be plasticised (low %) with DBP, DOP for the manufacture of mosquito, cockroach masks. Oil/solvent soluble colors can be blended for colored tapes/stickers. Noncompatible with alcohols, water, pigments.
SS-507 is compatible with polyterpene or hydrocarbon tackifiers (Softening point 110-115ºC) at 1-2% by weight dissolved in toluene (50:50) by weight)
The dried film is resistant to transformer oil, water and to some extent solvents.
For continuous applications like roll / roll sticker manufacture, Rigid PVC precoating for later application to plywood for CTV cabinets, the Product is applied by roller. For small jobs, the thinned resin can be applied by brush to. But the brushes must be cleaned immediately after use.
USE OF SHREECRYL SS-507 :
1. For the manufacture of tapes like BOPP/PVC/PET/CELLOPHONE/PAPER/alu where permanent tack and high peel strength are essential.
2. The latest fashion of manufacture of colour cabinet is Rigid PVC precoated by silicone release paper, here the PVC is coated on roller assembly with 30-35 gsm of resin on dry basis and for decorative clear PVC films.
3. SS-507 is non-toxic after the film is dry. Hence it is being use for making PVC based Band Aids. Similarly due to non-toxicity, non-irritation and very negligible free monomer content. SS-507 is safe for use in sanitary napkins/personal products/medicated pain relievers /strips.
4. SS-507 when mixed with primary /secondary/cyclic amines in the ratio 100pbw SS-507 0.005-0.05pnw of these amines gives a thermo setting composition for permanent bonding of plastic to plastic, plastic to any hard surface.
5. Used in manufactures of Sun control Films.
6. Used in prosthesis.
7. Used for foam coating (Insulations & Automobile Industries)
8. For manufacture of Reflectors for Vehicles (as per statutory safety regulations)
OF SHREECRYL SS-507
1. Being manufactured under the personal supervision of highly qualified and experienced persons, the product has excellent consistency regarding viscosity, strength, clarity, molecular weight distribution and flow properties.
2. Due to uniform copolymerisation, the shelf-life is longer compared to a product polymerized hapzardly just to get viscosity.
3. The product has better shelf life.
STORAGE OF SHREECRYL SS-507 (affected by high temperatures during storage)
As the product contains 50% or more Ethyl Acetate (Volatile Solvent with B.P. 77.1ºC),the following precautions during storage are very necessary :
1) Keep the drums / carboys in air circulating rooms / storage facility with good ventilation & not under sun.
2) Away from heat & fire.
3) Store below 30ºC. It is advisable to store 25ºC or below to enhance shelf life.
4) If unused for 10-15 days, open top lids & allow solvent vapour to escape. Add 2-3 kgs of Ethyl Acetate & roll the barrels and then store them.
5) At temperatures above 30-35ºC solvent evaporates & the product may thicken. To avoid gelling follow steps 1-4 above.
& DO NOT'S
1. Do not mix any other inferior product available in the market under disguise of any acrylic copolymer in solution form. As the copolymerisation reaction is very sensitive, narrow range of molecular weight distribution is obtainable only under stringent controls by higher stringent controls by higher skilled technologists.
2. Check the peel strength for every lot/batch before and after exposure to high temperature (70 – 80ºC)
3. Check the supply for any micro-gells, which can cause non-uniform application tack.
4. When mixed with amines and ISO cyanates (N-75 / L-75), the pot life of mixture is 8 – 12 hours only. So mix only requisite quantities.
5. Do not keep the drum/carboys filled with SS-507 open near heat or flame. SS-507 is highly flammable due to ethyl acetate.
As it is a solvent based system, shelf life is not warranted above 6 months. Hence, no complaints what so ever will not be entertained after 6 months from the date of delivery.
PACKING SIZE : 200 Kg, 50 Kg and 5 Kg
The above data suggestions and recommendations are made in good faith but without any warrantee whatsoever.