**Peel strength method :
30 - 35 gsm coating (dry) on polyester/PVC , 30 micron thickness, dried at 88ºC for 8-9 minutes. Cool to room temp then press coated film on to the glass plate/ steel plates supplied by the equipment supplier. The film is pressed by supplied roller. Then after 2 hrs the glass plate/steel plate is attached to the equipment. 180º peel off is noted on the dial, so also the maximum value reached.
***Shear Strength Method :
PET / PVC film is coated with 30-35 gsm (dry) coated after 15-20 minutes, cured at 88ºC for 8-9 minutes cooled. Next day 1” square is cut & fixed on to steel / board / sunmica / glass . Pressed with the roller provided. 1 kg weight is hung from the lower end. The number of hours is noted when the load of 1 kg falls alongwith the strip. The test is conducted at 30ºC .
Shreecryl SS-509 is compatible with solvents like Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Xylene
SS-509 is compatible with polyterpene or hydrocarbon tackifiers (Softening point 110-115ºC) at 1-2% by weight dissolved in toluene (50:50) by weight)
The dried film of SS-509 is resistant to transformer oil, water and solvents to some extent.
For continuous applications like roll / roll sticker manufacture, Rigid PVC precoating for later application to plywood for CTV cabinets, the Product is applied by roller. For small jobs, the thinned resin can be applied by brush to. But the brushes must be cleaned immediately after use. At lower viscosity the product can be sprayed.
IN NO CASE SCREEN APPLICATION IS ADVISED
USE OF SHREECRYL SS-509 :
1. For the manufacture of tapes like BOPP/PVC/PET/CELLOPHONE/PAPER/alu where permanent tack and high peel strength and Shear Value are essential.
2. The latest fashion of manufacture of colour cabinets for kitchens and home décor & TV’s is Rigid PVC precoated with the solvent based product.
3. SS-509 is non-toxic after the film is dry. Hence it is being used for making PET / PVC based medicated / surgical strips. Similarly due to non-toxicity and very negligible free monomer content. SS-509 is safe for use in sanitary napkins/personal products.
4. SS-509 when mixed with primary /secondary/cyclic amines in the ratio 100pbw SS-509 0.005-0.05pnw of these amines gives a thermo setting composition for permanent bonding of plastic to plastic, plastic to any hard surface.
5. Used in manufactures of Sun control Films.
6. Used in prosthesis.
7. Used in the manufacturers of Reflectors / Stickers for Auto industry.
8. Foam coating for insulation purposes.
OF SHREECRYL SS-509
1. Being manufactured under the personal supervision of highly qualified and experienced persons, the product has excellent consistency regarding viscosity, strength, clarity, molecular weight distribution and flow properties.
2. Due to uniform copolymerisation, the shelf-life is longer compared to a product polymerized hapzardly just to get viscosity.
3. The product has better shelf life.
STORAGE OF SHREECRYL SS-509 (affected by high temperatures during storage)
As the product contains 50% or more Ethyl Acetate (Volatile Solvent with B.P. 77.1ºC),the following precautions during storage are very necessary :
1) Keep the drums / carboys in air circulating rooms / storage facility with good ventilation & not under sun.
2) Away from heat & fire.
3) Store below 30ºC. It is advisable to store 25ºC or below to enhance shelf life.
4) If unused for 10-15 days, open top lids & allow solvent vapour to escape. Add 2-3 kgs of Ethyl Acetate & roll the barrels and then store them.
5) At temperatures above 30-35ºC solvent evaporates & the product may thicken. To avoid gelling follow steps 1-4 above.
& DO NOT'S
1. Do not mix any other inferior product available in the market under disguise of any acrylic copolymer in solution form. As the copolymerisation reaction is very sensitive, narrow range of molecular weight distribution is obtainable only under stringent controls by higher stringent controls by higher skilled technologists.
2. Check the peel strength & shear value for every lot/batch before and after exposure to high temperature (70 – 80ºC)
3. Check the supply for any micro-gells, which can cause non-uniform application tack.
4. When mixed with amines, the pot life of mixture is 8 – 12 hours only. So mix only requisite quantities.
5. Do not keep the drum/carboys filled with SS-509 open near heat or flame. SS-509 is highly flammable due to Ethyl Acetate & Toluene.
6. As it is a solvent based system, shelf life is not warranted above 6 months. Hence, no complaints what so ever will not be entertained after 6 months from the date of delivery.
PACKING SIZE : 200Kgs, 50Kg, & 5 kg
The above data suggestions and recommendations are made in good faith but without any warrantee whatsoever.