||SS-555 is a clear solution of medium, free flowing Viscosity without any type of visible particles.
||It is a polymer of more than three very active acrylic monomers in solvent phase by strict control of the rate of reaction between the very active monomers by means of controls in the hands of highly experienced technologists.
- 45 %
VALUE of Water
||4 - 6
|(Product boiled in water 1:1 by wt. and the filtered water is cooled and pH is observed)
(After neutralising acidity of solvent & other constituents)
||Very clear without any particles/coagulum
|**Adhesion Value at 10 -14gsm -
(Peel value) On PET
200 gms / inch
700 gms / inch
|**Peel strength method:
10 - 14 gsm coating (dry) on polyester/PVC , 30 micron thickness, dried at 88ºC for 8-9 minutes. Cool to room temp then press coated film on to the glass plate/ steel plates supplied by the equipment supplier. The film is pressed by supplied roller. Then after 2 hrs the glass plate/steel plate is attached to the equipment. 180º peel off is noted on the dial, so also the maximum value reached.
|Adhesion Value at 30 gsm
||Drop in adhesion value is less than 10% of its (After 7 days at 70ºC) initial value
|***Shear Value at 10-14 gsm coating, cured at 88ºC for 8-9 minutes - On PET
19 - 20 hrs.
|***Shear Strength Method :
PET / PVC film is coated with 10-14 gsm (dry) coated after 15-20 minutes, cured at 88ºC for 8-9 minutes cooled. Next day 1” square is cut & fixed on to steel / board / sunmica / glass . Pressed with the roller provided. 1 kg weight is hung from the lower end. The number of hours is noted when the load of 1 kg falls alongwith the strip. The test is conducted at 30ºC.
|Flow of product when freely
||Very free flowing (no gells or lumps)
|Viscosity by Brookfield RVT Model , spindle 4/5, at 20 rpm at 30ºC
- 50 poises
Shreecral SS-555 is compatible with solvents like ethyl acetate, isopropyl acetate, butyl acetate, toluene, Xylene, to some extent with ketones like acetone, MEK, MIBK.
SS-555 can be plasticised (low %) with DBP for the manufacture of mosquito, cockroach masks. Oil / Solvent soluble colours can be blended for coloured tapes / stickers. Non-compatible with alcohols, water, pigments.
SS-555 is compatible with Polyterpene or Hydrocarbon tackifiers (Softening point 110 - 115ºC) at 1 - 2% by weight dissolved in toluene (50:50 by weight)
The dried film is resistant to transformer oil, water and to some extent solvents.
OF SHREECRYL SS-555
SS-555 is a ter-copolymer with low tack & medium adhesion value. It is used to coat protective films for Steel, Acrylic sheets, glass. The films are PET, HDPE, LLDP, Paper etc. Roller coating.
& DO NOT'S
1. Do not mix any other inferior product available in the market under disguise of any acrylic copolymer in solution form. As the copolymerisation reaction is very sensitive, narrow range of molecular weight distribution is obtainable only under stringent controls by higher skilled technologists
2. Check the peel strength for every lot/batch before and after exposure on high temperature (70 - 80ºC). Check the supply for any micro-gells, which can cause non-uniform application and later non-uniform tack
3. Do not keep the product under abnormal conditions of storage, like temperatures above 30ºC to avoid solvent loss and viscosity pick up due to solvent loss or cross linking.
4. When mixed with amines, the pot life of mixture is 8 - 12 hours only. So mix only requisite quantities.
5. Do not keep the drum/carboys filled with SS-555 open near heat or flame. SS-555 is highly flammable due to ethyl acetate.
6. As it is a solvent-based system, shelf life is not warranted above 6 months. Hence, complaints what so ever will not be entertained after 6 months from the date of delivery.
ADVANTAGES OF SHREECRYL SS-555
1. Being manufactured under the personal supervision of highly qualified & experienced persons, the product has excellent consistency regarding viscosity, strength, clarity, and molecular weight distribution and flow properties.
2. Due to uniform copolymerisation, the shelf life is longer compared to a product-polymerized haphazardly just to get viscosity.
3. The product has better shelf life.
PACKING SIZE : 200 Kgs., 50 Kgs. and 5 Kgs.
The above data suggestions and recommendations are made in good faith but without any warrantee whatsoever.